New Dragon 15.3 Release
The v15.3 Service Pack update for DPG Single User releases will be released imminently, so that should be available for download by early next week.
An update to the following Dragon products was released on February 8th, 2018:
- Dragon Professional Individual 15.3
- Dragon Legal Individual 15.3
To download the latest v15.3 update, follow the steps below:
- Close Dragon and all 3rd-party applications.
- Download the update here.
- Double-click the “DPI15DOT3.exe” file.
- Follow the InstalShield Wizard instructions.
Microsoft Office issues
- Slow performance and hang issues no longer occur.
- In Outlook, “Command <text>” commands (for example, “Correct Smythe”) no longer stop working after a user adds a signature or image to an email message.
- Jumping cursor issues no longer occur.
- Replying to an email in the reading pane no longer closes the reading pane unexpectedly, leaving the reply stored in the Drafts folder
- Dragon no longer causes Office applications to fail.
- Loss of Full Text Control or focus no longer occurs in Office applications.
- Dictation no longer stops working in Office applications.
- The “Runtime error R6025 – pure virtual function call” error message no longer occurs during dictation in Microsoft Word 2010.
- When you say “Scroll Down” or “Page Down” in an Office document or email message, the document no longer scrolls back up.
A new Dragon Professional Web Extension is now available for Firefox to allow you to dictate into standard HTML edit controls and use Full Text Control to select, modify, and correct your dictated text in browser-based applications.
To install the new extension, open Firefox after installing Dragon version 15.3. Follow the installation instructions in the prompt that appears.
- Full Text Control is now available in Firefox after you switch the DragonBar from Classic to Modern view.
- The command “Correct <text> through <text>” now works appropriately for the Canadian English region (eng-CAN).
- It is no longer possible to dictate in read-only fields.
- Playback now continues working appropriately when you dictate in Microsoft Word and then switch between applications or put Dragon to sleep.
For more information on Dragon Professional software, simply fill in the submission form below to receive the latest news in Voice Technology: