New SpeechMike Custom Button Modes
The new Philips SpeechMike firmware update supports up to 6 pre configured button modes on the SpeechMike Premium series for Windows, Mac and web-based applications. You can switch between button modes, set hotkeys, and control the microphone using a single button click, making the Philips SpeechMike ideal for use in diverse IT environments.
Three New Custom Button Modes
- Custom mode 1: Windows Speech Recognition (Windows OS)
- Custom Mode 2: Dragon Dictate Speech Recognition (Mac OS)
- Custom Mode 3: Dragon Speech Recognition (Windows OS Only)
These three new button modes mean that the Philips SpeechMike can be used in all potential environments without the need for integration or driver installation. The new button modes enable users to control their dictation and speech recognition application by assigning hotkeys to the programmable SpeechMike buttons, according to your individual needs.
Easy Button Mode Switching
Here is an easy and intuitive three step approach to switch between the new button modes:
- Initialise the button switch operation by pressing EOL and INS/OVR simultaneously for 3 seconds (LEDS close to the buttons will start flashing yellow)
- Select the appropriate button that represents the intended button mode (LED of the selected button will briefly light up)
- To check the selected button mode, briefly press EOL and INS/OVR (LED of the corresponding button mode will light up)
|SpeechMike Button||Button Mode|
|F1||SpeechMike event mode|
|F4||Custom mode 1|
|EOL||Custom mode 2|
|INS/OVR||Custom mode 3|
SpeechMike Premium Air 4000 Series with Firmware 4.50
Disabled all automatic beeps if the “Enable Acoustical Warnings” setting is disabled.
- The wake-up beep was always heard at reconnect. This can now be disabled via SpeechControl.
The connection LEDs no longer flash if the wireless connection is active, but the USB connection is interrupted.
- In earlier firmware versions the connection LEDs flashed e.g. if the computer went into standby mode. Philips have removed the flashing indication and have changed the LED colour from red to yellow.
Removed low voltage vibration warning in SMPA
- In earlier firmware versions the SpeechMike Premium Air sent a vibration warning if the battery voltage fell under a certain threshold. Philips have now removed the low voltage vibration alarm from the firmware. The battery/charging LED remains unchanged.
Improved charging behaviour for empty rechargeable batteries.
- With the new firmware, the Philips SpeechMike Premium Air can better cope with empty rechargeable batteries.
Note: If the rechargeable battery is almost empty, the connection to SpeechControl is interrupted on the software side for security reasons.
SpeechMike 2 Operation Mode for SMP3700/3800 Series
SpeechMike 2 operation mode in the SpeechMike Premium Touch SMP3700/3800 series enables customers to use these devices in environments where no upgrade to the latest SpeechMike drivers and extensions has been done within the last 7 years. We have learned that this sometimes happens if system administrators do not want to change their running system to avoid any glitches in their working environment. The SpeechMike 2 operation mode simulates a connected SpeechMike 2 to the recording application. From the new V3.52 firmware onwards, the SpeechMike Premium Touch SMP3700/3800 series will also support the SpeechMike 2 operation mode. In the SpeechMike 2 operation mode, the SpeechMike Premium Touch only provides SpeechMike 2 functionality to the recording application.
The SpeechMike 2 mode can only be enabled by pressing the F1 + F3 buttons simultaneously for 5 seconds. When the switch is done a short beep can be heard and the corresponding SpeechMike operation mode is indicated by a function key LED.
- When the SpeechMike switches to the SpeechMike 2 mode the F2 LED lights up
- When the SpeechMike switches to the Standard mode the F3 LED lights up